Breaking the Rules

Hey hey hey!

Sunday again! The days just fly by here in Japan….


I’ve been having this weird dreams lately…I’ve dreamed that I was back in Sweden with my friends and family and all. Then when I wake up it’s like: “Oookey where am I…?” But then I realize that I’m 8 time zones away from everyone…


Okay what have I been doing the past days? Well….

On Friday we went to a Halloween party at school. The special thing about that party was that other Japanese schools and universities would attend so it was a great opportunity to find new local friends. The party itself was pretty lame but we met a few interesting people. Two guys started talking to us quite a lot and in the end we decided to meet up the next day….


So yesterday (Saturday) we we’re going to meet the two boys around 13:30 at our local mall. We we’re all a bit nervous since we were going to break the main rule our parents teached us since we were kids: DON’T GET IN A CAR OF SOMEONE YOU DON’T KNOW! But we thought…come on, you’ve gotta take some chances in life. But just in case, we armed ourselves. Both Dena and Sofia brought their protection-alarm-thingy (you know, a thing that you can pull and then it makes a loud noise if you were to be attacked)…and yeah since I didn’t have one, I brought a knife. Just in case.

They picked us up in a huuuge black car which had a strong smell of cigarette smoke and perfume (if you don’t know it by now, Japanese ppl smoke A LOT! In the apartment, car…everywhere) We hadn’t met the guy driving because he wasn’t at the party but he was very nice and sweet. He was a little bit…how should I put it….well, stupid.  Unfortunately, Kobo (yes…that’s his name) didn’t speak any English. His first words to us was: “Herro, I am Japan” Oh honey don’t push yourself…. One of the guys from the party were there too (luckily the one who could speak English).  Tatsuya (the others name) was very funny and had the most interesting laugh ever xD


So there we were. 3 Swedish girls and 2 Japanese guys.  First off, we went to have lunch together. It took a while to find a parking spot but in the end we sat a small, very Japanese Udon Resturant. We talked about music, food, Sweden, Japan, Dena’s eating habits etc. The food was delicious and after that we went to the Heian Shrine to check out the temple a little bit. After that we cruised the streets of Kyoto a little while. Then we decided to go Karaoke. Karaoke is a huge deal in Japan and personally, I love it. It’s nothing like in Sweden when people do in in the club after having too many drinks. No, this is serious business. And yeah what can I say…we totally blew them away with Bon Jovi, AC/DC and Lady Gaga. Afterward they were like: “We’ve gotta do this again! People don’t usually dance while karaoke but you guys rocked!” Hehe, thanks.


At the Heian Shrine

After the Karaoke, we went home to Tatsuya’s apartment because he had to feed his rabbit and hamster. Yeah you read it correctly. He has a bunny and a little hamster. The bunny was soooo cute and started chewing on the carpet all the time >3< Then we went cruising again. Kodo bought some Takoyaki and bought me a Macha Ice cream. YEHOO! Then around 21:15 and we said that me might wanna head back home soon. A bit reluctantly, they drove us back home and we thanked them for an awesome day!



So what did we learn from that day? Well…..I might have to quote something that I had on a O’Neil sweater many many years ago (Ina might remember it): Fear Nothing, Try Everything.


Oh yeah here's a video I recorded a few days ago. Enjoy:


The best hours of my life

Today’s Tuesday.


Yesterday was the Gazette concert. It’s hard to describe the happiest hours of my life but…seriously…it’s was amazing. I cried, I laughed, I screamed, I danced, I sqeeled. It’s was the best concert of my life. I'm still having trouble to actually comprehend that I've seen them...for real. KAI WAS SO CUTE I ALMOST DIED <3 And Rukis voice blew me away. Damn that man can sing. And Aoi's dancing was hilarious. Reita was sooo hot and Uruha was....being himself :D

Hehe and one funny thing. There was boxes where you could put presents to the bandmembers. We gave the guys our phone numbers and I gave Kai a special gift. One Swedish crown. He'll be needing that after we get married.


The tour bus.

The view outside of the arena.

Yeah, a weird picture. But what can you expect? It's TOPIA & TOHANNIS we're talking about.

Flams och Festival

Hej hej hallå. Återigen blev det ett ganska stort blogguppehåll. Det finns flera anledningar till detta:

1. Jag sitter och pluggar hela kvällarna (seriöst, från typ kl 16-22 på kvällen. Dock så händer det att det blir ganska mkt flams också men….ändå)

2. Vi har fortf inte internet och fick nyss reda på att man måste vara 20 år för att kunna teckna kontraktet. Vi får se hur detta ska lösa sig…..

3. Vet inte om jag har så mkt att skriva om annars….eftersom det är mest skola och plugg nu. Fast det har hänt massa små skitroliga saker ändå. Som tex…:


* När vi i fredags for och skulle käka hamburgare på en japansk motsvarighet till typ Max och det var jättesynd om killen i kassan för vi pekade och garvade åt all mat som antingen hade konstiga namn, var felstavade eller helt enkelt såg skitäckliga ut.

Fanta med melon smak.


* Varje gång vi handlar på supermarketet är också ett litet äventyr i sig…. Jag skämde ut mig ganska mycket nyligen då vi köpte ris och skrek rakt ut:” JAG ÄR SÅ GLAD ATT VI KÖPT RIIIIIS!” Sedan upptäckte jag att Sofia och Dena var ngn helt annanstans…

* Vi saknar våra garbagetrucks-polare…. De som brukar vinka, tuta, glo och ge oss tummen upp.

* I skolan så har vi delats in i olika research grupper. I min grupp är det jag och två Taiwaneser (tror jag). Vårat forskningsområde är japanska desserter! GOTT!

*Igår skulle det vara festival på både dagen och kvällen  så vi begav oss mot festival området och tänkte: Jävlar här var det folktomt…. Och det var det verkligen. Efter ett tag hittade vi en liten lapp där det stod att festivalen var framflyttad till söndagen p.g.a regnet. Jävlar…..Så vi bestämde oss då för att gå hela vägen in till Kyoto Station. Och det är långt. Där snurrade vi runt i Yodobashi (fett mall), åt och drog sen hem.

Where is everyone....?

"Dagens Jidai Matsuri (festivalens namn) har pga regnet blivit framflyttad till imorrn (23/10)"

*Så idag (söndag) gick vi på festivalen ist. Den var mycket fin och folk gick runt i vackra (och fula) kläder överallt. Efter att vi fått nog av att vara kulturella gick vi på Donken. Det var mkt nice.

Kyoto är mkt fint.



Så that’s about it. Vet som sagt inte när vi får internet men jag hoppas på att det är snart….pallar verkligen inte detta någe mer -_-

Just ja. Mami och Papi, jag har fått paketet. Tack så jätte mkt <3




Men just ja. En annan viktig sak jag vill påminna världen om:


It's been a looooong week.



Sorry that I’ve not been writing here for a long time now. As you may know, we don’t have Internet in our apartment yet. So everytime I want to blog for you guys I have to walk to the Manga Café where I can access the Internet for 168 Yen for 30 mins. So yeah….that sucks. I really hope that we’ll get Internet at our apartment soon. The music they play here at the Manga café is soooo bad ;___;


Okey let’s recap the week then.

Monday: We did…..nothing. I bought a new school bag though. Here’s a pic:

And here's a pic of our guest room:

Tuesday: Our first REAL day at school. We’re all three in different classes so yeah…I don’t know about the others but I was pretty nervous. But our classrooms are next to each other so that was at least a little bit comforting. Anyways, we went to our separate classes for our first lesson. There’s three other Swedes in my class, a lot of Taiwanese ppl, some from Thailand, one from USA and yeah…mostly Asians. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I’m only in school from 9:00-12:30 and on Tuesday and Thursday it’s from 9:00 - 15:10. But since this was our first day classes ended at 12:30. During that time we had introductions and presentations (ofc) and we got our first homework. Yay. Even though classes ended at 12:30 we stayed in the building because around 12:45 two different cellphone companies would come and help us get cellphones. It took a hell of a long time and we didn’t get time to eat lunch until 15:30 BUT in the end, we each held a brand new Japanese cellphone in our hands.


Wednesday: Well, classes went very well. I had a new teacher who was very nice. After school we went and bought us a vacuum cleaner. And it was about time because the dust bunnies in our apartment were almost as big as my head…..

AND OH OH!!! WE FINALLY HAVE THE GAZETTE CONCERT TICKETS!! IN OUR HANDS THAT IS!! (the girl who bought them for us send them from Tokyo) OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thursday: Our first “long” day at school went by pretty fast I must say. But I was soooo sleepy at the last lesson it was ridiculous. I hate it that you get tired after eating….especially if you eat a lot, like I usually do.


Friday: (almost weekend!!) Not much to say but STUDYING STUDYING STUDYING. And oh yeah, we had gotten a note from some electric company that we had to register at the company  so we had to go back to our real estate agents to talk to them. This wouldn’t be a big issue under normal circumstances but as it turned out, it became one hell of a trip. Why? Because it started to rain. A LOT. And I’m not talking about your usual, cosy, Sunday rain….no. This was a fucking monsoon!!! Even though we all had umbrellas it didn’t save us from the river of rain floating down the streets. I was completely wet from my knees down. God dammit.

Our map didn't survive the rain...

And yeah the special moments of Friday:

*We had just gotten out of our apartment building and then a garbagetruck, with three men it in, smiled and looked at us and then gave us “thumbs up”. What?

*At the real estate agents office: I used Sofia’s head as support when I bent over to pick up my bag, then turned around to only to see that our agents were laughing at us. Whaaaat?

* Just gotten home to our apartment and then what do we see? A garbage truck. But this time the guys didn’t give us thumbs up. No. They happily waved at us. WHAAAAT??!


So now it’s started. What I came here to do. School is really intense and the pace is very fast. We get new homework every day and it’s very hard. BUT, I like it =)


Oh here's the vid I promised to show you. Enjoy.

En awesome helg

Hallå hallå!


I lördagsmorgon så låg vi alla och myste på våra futoner och bara låg och väntade på att IKEA möblerna skulle komma. De skulle komma någongång mellan 9:00-14:00 så vi tänkte bara chilla i lägenheten tills möblerna kom. Kl 9:30 flög vi upp ur sängen så vi hörde dörrklockan gå av! Helvete vilket rus det blev (hade bara pyjamas) Det slutade med att jag öppnade dörrn iklädd min beiga trenchcoat. Killen som levererade möblerna var som ba: ”Eeeeh….är det okey eller….?” HAHAH! Jag ba:” Jomen visst kom in bara!! :D” Så då fick vi äntligen våra fina möbler. Vi började med att montera ihop köksbordet och stolarna. Det gick mkt bra fram tills det att den sista skruven till den sista stolen totalvägrade att samarbeta med oss. Vi orkade inte bråka med den så vi lät den vara (så nu står halva skruven ut på en av stolarna… men den är stadig ändå, det är det som räknas) Efter det blev det en sen frukost och sen tog vi tag i bäddsoffan. Efter att först ha skruvat fast en av benen åt fel håll, sen skruvat fast den där böj-arm-mojjängen åt fel håll kändes det som att vi fick flyt. Vi skulle just börja skriva fast den övre, rygghalvan, av soffan då vi gjorde en irriterande upptäckt. Vi hade använt fel storlek av skruvar till nederdelen och nu fanns det bara korta kvar. Det var bara att börja om. Dock fick vi nog då och lämnade bäddsoffan till att ta i tu med senare.

Bygga bygga byggaaaa~


Efter en god middag på en mumsig restaurang bredvid skolan och en påse doughnuts var i händerna så kände vi oss redo att ta oss an bäddsoffan igen. Och denna gång blev det succé. Bäddsoffan står nu klar och fin och väntas på att användas av kommande gäster. Hurra!!

Doughnuts <3


På söndagen så vaknade vi i normal tid för oss (runt 9:00 tiden) och efter en god frukost begav vi oss till vårat lokala tempel. Det tar oss ungefär 10 min att gå till Shimogamo templet och vi hade fått reda på att det skulle vara marknad där så vi var råtaggade. Dock visade det sig att det inte var ngn markad men vi spatserade omkring ändå och kollade runt. Det var sååå fint! Video kommer nästa gång!!!!


Efter att ha kommit hem från templet så satte vi oss på en buss för att åka till Nitori igen. Det var möbel/inredningsbutiken där vi köpte våra futoner! Vi köpte denna gång ett nytt set lakan var, lite handdukar, en kastrull och en stekpanna. Påvägen tillbaka till busstationen hittade vi en marknad, och eftersom det inte var ngn vid templet vi besökt tidigare blev vi mycket glada. Japanska marknader äger verkligen. Det säljs mat, godis, anime stuff och massa annat random. Jag köpte lite yakisoba att äta och till efterätt en chokladdoppad banan i strössel. GOTT!!!


Man kan lätt säga att helgen blev AWESOME! :D


Back in Town

I’m gonna make this blogpost short, you guys (sorry… but I'll make up for it with pics instead!)



Yesterday (Thursday): We had orientation at school and I feel sooooo excited about everything! I can’t wait until school starts on Tuesday!

The cafeteria at the school

The view from the roof of the school

So beautiful *w*

In the evening we totally failed trying to use our washing machine and ended up having to wash our clothes in the bathtub. Not funny at all.


Not so happy girls...


Today (Friday): We went to Osaka! (AND OMG on the train to Osaka Sofia sat next to a guy who was goooooorgeous!! I mean, REALLY gorgeous! I managed to take a few pic of him while acting like I was taking pictures of Sofia) We went to HEP 5 (the amazing shopping mall where I practically lived last summer…), rode the ferris wheel and danced like maniacs in it, ate great food etc. Yeah, I LOVE OSAKA <3

Maybe not a great shot of him but, trust me, he was so cute >w<

I like the big city. I really do.

My favourite <3



The ferris wheel cart.

...and the view <3


Tomorrow (Saturday): Get our IKEA furniture. We’re gonna try to act manly and hopefully be able to assemble them all by ourselves (failure is not an option here…)

Under my umbrella



The day before yesterday we went and had our Alien Registration card done and National Health Insurence thingy. That day was one of the slowest days in my life, but we got to know the other Swedes. Very nice! And later in the day we bought the Gazette's new album! It's sooooooooo good <3


Yesterday  we went to Kyoto City again. But this time, we spent moneeeey! I bought a new make up palett, nail polish, and umbrella, eyelash glue and folders to have all of my papers in.

Our kick ass umbrellas. Mine is the green one to the left <3



Today we have the orientation at school but before that we’re gonna try to do some other productive things.

And oh yeah, I got the first package that I sent from Sweden! I’m so happy that I got my nail art stuff now! YEHOO!



Prov och Promenader

HELLO! (I’m gonna write in Swedish again….cuz I’m lazy!)


IDAG VAR FÖRSTA DAN I SKOLAN!! Eller nja idag vare provet som ska visa vilken nivå vi ligger på men aa…


Det var samling 8:45 och vi gick fel först… men sen rätt! Vi var iaf inte sist. Efter registrering så blev vi indelade i olika klassrum (Alla vi tre hamnade i samma, thank God!). Vi fick lite instruktioner om provet och intervjun (med andra ord, skrivtligt prov + muntligt prov) och sen så fick vi börja skriva. Och shit säger jag bara. Provet var gaaaaaaalet svårt. Men jaaa….jag gjorde mitt bästa iaf men mina förväntingar är verkligen inte höga. Hamnar jag i Nybörjare 2 gruppen blir jag nöjd.


Intervjun å andra sidan gick toppen!! Jag vet att jag pratar bättre än vad jag läser/skriver så det var jag inte så orolig över. Hon som intervjuade mig var jättego och efter att hon såg att jag kom från Sverige var hon ju tvungen att ställa den gamla, typiska frågan: "Visst äre kallt i Sverige??" JA DET ÄR DET!


Efter allt var klart stack vi och åt och sen gick och fönstershoppade lite. Jag hittade en skiiiiiiiit snygg väska som jag kanske måste köpa. Dock ska jag avvakta lite för vi ska till Osaka på fre och där finns det ju GANSKA större utbud.


Efter att ha segat lite hemma gick jag och Sofia till postkontoret för att försöka få mitt paket som jag skickade innan jag stack. Det var lättare sagt än gjort. Bruden pratade ingen engelska och vi fattade knappt varandra. Men jag tror det löste sig iaf….När vi skulle gå ut och skulle buga tillbaka till tjejen (ni vet, som man gör i Japan) så lyckade jag och Sofia slå ihop våra huvuden mitt i bugningen, för vi bugade oss båda snett-innåt-bakåt mot bruden. Major laugh attack.


Därefter bestämde vi oss att ta en promenix i parken på andra sidan floden. Den visade sig innehålla massa vackra tempel. SKIT COOLT!

Suddig bild på glad tjej

Jag och Sofia utanför ett tempel!


Sen köpte jag räkchips och en dryck med yoghurt smak. Chipsen äger men drycken (som jag misstänker egentligen var öl som var smaksatt) smakade bajs.



Imorrn är det orientation på skolan (typ visa ba ”här är ditt klassrum” osv) Jag har dessutom sovmorgon till kl 13 medans Sofia och Dena måste gå på extra lektion på morgonen….MEN INTE JAG :D


Sist delar jag med mig ett klipp vi filmade då vi...babblar xD


Magazines and Ice Cream

Hi everyone!

Yesterday we went and bought some smaller necessities. A broom to clean with, different cleaning soaps and stuff.  In the evening we went and explored the supermall next to us and realized that it was AWESOME!!


So today me and Dena went there and Dena bought a long sleeved T-shirt and I bought two magazines! One of them is KERA which I bought for 98 SEK in Sweden and here it’s only 490¥! I love this country.

YAY! <3



Then all three of us took the bus to Kyoto City to get to know the city’s shopping district better. It went very well and we returned to our apartment very pleased. On the way home from the busstop we bought us a perfait/ice cream thingy each to much on this evening. Looks like this:

Delicious! Sweets and stuff are TOO cheap in Japan. I'm seriously gonna get fat *o*


Tomorrow’s the placement test at school! This decides what class we’re gonna be sorted in. I really want to do my best! WISH ME LUCK!

A taste of Sweden

(Yesterday we did a very Swedish type of thing so I’m gonna write in Swedish this time)

Vi hittade till IKEA igår!! YAAAAAY!!

Efter vi gjort oss klara satte vi oss på bussen mot Kyoto Station.

Kyoto Station

Sofia och Dena!

Inuti Kyoto Station. STORT!

Därifrån tog vi tåget till Osaka. Väl i Osaka gick vi till hotellet som vi övernattade på i tisdags för Dena hade glömt sin handduk och scarf där så vi gick och frågade om de hade hittat och sparat dem. Till Dena’s stora förtjusning hade dom det!! Därefter gick vi tillbaka till Osaka station för att fråga vägen till shuttle-bussarna som skulle gå från Osaka station till IKEA. Då fick vi veta att shuttle-bussarna bara går från Namba Station på veckodagar och från Osaka Station på helger. Så vad gjorde vi då? Jo, vi begav oss mot Namba station! Det gick hur smidigt som helst och mycket snart stod vi och väntade på IKEA bussen.


Det tog oss ungefär 25 min att åka till IKEA så när vi väl var där kände vi oss alla 3 ganska hungriga. Sen såg vi denna skylt:


Då insåg vi att det enda som gällde just då var att få i oss en rejäl tallrik med köttbullar!!! Så vi gick mot restaurangen och beställde varsin tallrik med denna svenska läckerhet. Och oj så gott det var. Inte lika gott som mammas egna köttbullar såklart men ändå mycket goda!

Mycket goda!


Därefter så började vi handlade!! Vi köpte en bäddsoffa + maddrass, en tvätthängare, en stor klädhängare, bort + stolar, tvättkorg, tallrikar, bestick, diskborstar, papperskorg, galgar och en badrumsmatta (jag kan ha glömt någon småsak men jag tror inte det ^^) Sedan fixade vi hemkörning för de större sakerna som vi inte kunde ta med oss i buss/tåg (dock kunde vi inte få hemkörningen förrens på lördag nästa vecka så vi får fortsätta att äta på golvet ett tag till…..). Allt detta fick vi betala ungefär 1200 kr var för. Med andra ord, inte illa ALLS!

Sofia med bäddsoffan och maddrassen.

Sedan kollade vi på vad de hade för svenska matgrejjer att köpa. Vi hittade godis, kräftor, gravlaxsås och massa roliga grejjor. Till ett galet överpris såklart.



Bild på Småland inne på IKEA xD

Så när dagen väl var till ända var vi ganska slitna, men ändå väldigt nöjda med dagens inköp!

RSS 2.0